Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Following my new passion

I found a new passion--family history.  It took a few months to find my relatives up through my great-grandparents on all 4 sides.

In the process of this search, I discovered that I'm at least 15/16th Russian heritage, and I know almost nothing about the culture or why my family immigrated in the 1880s.  

Doing a little history research, I've found that it's quite possible that my family came to America to escape the pogroms that were happening in and around Russia at the time.  I do have a small quilt that was literally cut, possibly from wall brackets, so I know that at least one family left in a hurry.

I've also done a little cultural research.  OK, food recipes.  :-)  It's been yummy fun.

Research done, it's time once again to focus on my health and on my writing. 

Hopefully, some of what I've learned will translate into better writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.