Friday, January 28, 2011

Almost 1,000 Pageviews

I am humbled. Truly. From my own little corner of the world, my thoughts have been read almost 1,000 times, by people other than myself. Amazing!

In a sense, I am a published author already. We all are.

................

Have you ever listened to the silence in your home, heard the buzzing of everything electronic, and seen the small points of light from everything electronic? The humm of the freezer reminds me of a lawnmower and the lightswitch on the wall reminds me of a car's running lights.

What I'm trying to say, is that every sight or sound can invoke an involuntary association, or emotion, if we just let it. Our characters in our stories need that same freedom to let their thoughts and feelings roam. It won't be easy, stepping not only through our characters' lives, but also through their memories. Sometimes these memories are good, and sometimes, these memories are bad. Let the memories be strong enough to help drive the story through its twists and turns.

When we're ready, we can share these stories, just as we share our own thoughts and feelings in our blogs and in our comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.