Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How Do You Color Your Scenes?

I've discovered that self-editing and amping is soo slow, especially after a stressful day at the office. The last thing that I really want to do is sit down in front of of my iPad, put my fingertips on the docking station keyboard, and type some more.

Now that I've got that complaint out of the way, it's fun to climb back into my story, and update it with a new perspective. It's fun to look around the environment of the scene and be true to the characters, adding more of what is said, seen, and felt.

What do you do to color your scenes? Do you focus on one small detail, or on the bigger picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.