Monday, April 11, 2011

I ran out of excuses!

Yes, I finally ran out of excuses to not do my edit, so here I am, working on chapter one (of twenty-eight). My stretch-goal is to have the edit done by early June.

If I can walk a 5K race, (Yes, I turtled my way in last-place, but I FINISHED), then I can amp my book up to 50,000 words.

My goal is to have each of the 28 chapters stand on its own as a complete short-story, with the later chapters building to the book's climactic moments.

It's kinda that way now, but lacking some poetry.

If you know me, I'm all about poems. Not just rhyme, but pacing also.

Poetry has a flow to it. Sometimes it walks, sometimes it runs, and sometimes it just skates around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Update. Chapter 1 looks good. Currently amping Chapter 2, adding some fun elements to the mystery. (I wonder if anyone will catch on?)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.