Sunday, July 31, 2011

Living Life to get some more ideas

It's always difficult for me to focus on desk-projects in the summer when there are so many other fun things to do, like see movies and go swimming. Spend time with family. Swat mosquitos, swim some more.

I've also just read two great new books. Jacob Wonderbar... By Nathan Bransford, and Supernaturally by Kiersten White. Both are fast-paced middle-grade books. One sci-fi fantasy and the other paranormal fantasy.

I need to unlock the secrets to making a read fast-paced. My book drags a bit in the middle.

Good news is that school starts in 3 weeks, so I might have a little more time to write, because electronics will be silent during homework time. Is anyone else looking foward to school starting again?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I know what you mean! I've hardly done any writing this summer. I'm also looking forward to some aspects of school starting, but REALLY hating to think of summer being over on the whole. We still have a month, though. I'm going to enjoy it all and then I'll be even more motivated to write when school does start. :)

    Happy swimming! Enjoy your family time. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.