Saturday, January 7, 2012

Eating for Brain Power!

What do writers eat? I don't have much luck with creativity when I'm loaded down with cookies, chocolate, and sodas. In answer to a challenge on the Engine2Diet website, here's an ideal day of healthy eating...

Breakfast, veggie stirfry with portabella mushroom. Takes about 10 minutes to make. I have a desk job, so eating lots of carbs first thing in the morning doesn’t work well for me.
Snack, pistachios and a small banana
Lunch, refried beans, sliced tomato and corn chips (baked?)
Snack, raisin bran flake cereal with unsweetened soy milk.
Dinner, pan-fried tofu slices (non-stick spray), steamed greens, corn, and a salad
Desert, an apple or a frozen, 100% fruit pop
And, of course, lots of water.

Yes, I do feel better on the days that I eat like this; need to make sure I have more of these days in 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Where are the jelly bellies in this diet?

    Just kidding. I've had a jelly belly problem here lately. Interesting to think that my diet is effecting my creativity. Yikes!

    My husband is trying to lose weight right now, so I'm trying to plan meals better, with more veggies and less meat. And I need to put the jelly bellies back in the cupboard and leave them there! :)

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2012, Amy! I keep squares of extra-dark chocolate in my cabinet. Yum.

    Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you--I've had a week of pneumonia and bronchitis. Yes, indeed, I spent 3 days, 2 nights in a vacation resort with a clean white bed, lots of pillows, and white sheets and blankets. My meals and meds were all brought to me by folks in gloves, gowns, and masks. My current residence is the couch at home, where I'm gaining strength daily. Finally managed to cook a full meal on my own tonight, which can only be helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.