Monday, January 18, 2010

Off Topic - Illness and procrastination

You take a nap and sleep just a little too long. Fuzziness colors the rest of your evening.

Someone asked me today how it feels to have mononucleosis (yet again!), and that is how I described it. I'm one of the unlucky few who gets this more than once. Most people, it's once-and-done, like chicken pox. :-)

Anyway, my sleepiness has been my excuse to not write. Any excuse to not work; I can think about work for hours!

Tonight I completed chapter 6, and the book is at about 3800 words. I don't know why the obsession with word-count, but someone thinks it's important, so I'm keeping a running tally. My first pass through the book will be around 10,000 words.

OK, now for something witty. I'm so sleepy that I can't remember my character's names! I'm so sleepy that I have to re-read the chapters to remember where I left off writing. I'm so sleepy that I forget what I planned to write and only remember it later. I'm so sleepy that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.