Friday, October 30, 2009

Research #2, Study / Prepare

This week was mostly about reading. The Foster-Harris book taught how to develop a character and create conflicts or tasks. Thankfully, I was also able to order his book about developing plots. Can't wait until it arrives! This new-to-me, very old book will be the guideline for outlining my story.

The lead character is ready to jump into an outline. The only real debate is who are the other main characters in the story? I keep flip-flopping, so probably the best thing to do is to try a few different ways and see what "sticks."

Tomorrow's task will be to type up some writings from my notebook. Maybe some other fun surprises will also appear? I have no idea what's in store for me as I begin to write! My usual penmanship is non-fiction, technical writing. Quite humorless.

It is now very late at night. Quietly, I slip off to slumber. Peacefully, I sleep, and dreamingly, I journey to unknown destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.