Monday, February 15, 2010

Chapter 15 - Celebrating 10,000 Words

Changing verb tenses must have been the key that unlocked the door to my brain, because I just passed the 10,000-word mark!

OK, teachers and professors, I'm sorry that I complained every time I had to write a 500-word essay or a 10-page paper. Truly, I am.

Thinking back on history, my papers were written on notebook paper, then laboriously typed onto a computer that looked like it was stored in a sewing-machine case, with a 5-1/4-inch floppy drive.

In college, either the papers were typed on this same old PC, or coded in TeX on a mainframe, or formatted on the early MAC PCs.

In my professional career, most e-mails run as short as possible, and white-papers are only occasionally drafted.

This books is something new and special to me. It will take a rewrite or two to get to the level needed to send it out for queries. Still a mystery to me where I will send this book, or if I should even try to send short stories to magazines to get published first? The good news is that I know a published author or two and maybe can get some advice, when I'm ready.

In the meantime, I'll be writing away. Only about 9 chapters left to write in the fist draft. Counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.