Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chapter 15 is done!

Yes, the first week of my lead character's life in her new world has been drafted into my iPad! I'm at about 60 pages of 8-1/2 by 11 paper. Fifteen chapters down, thirteen (or more!) to go.

On the good-news front, I've been given guidelines from people at my work for marketing my book, about what I can and cannot say, in relation to my company. So, in a few weeks, I'll be trying to find a literary agent. That's a mouthful! I'll say it again, literary agent! Literary agent!

Also in a few weeks, I'll be printing out copies for my reviewers. Learned a hard lesson from an author who lost almost an entire book by sending it out for review via e-mail. The reviewer then sent it to friends for input, and one of these friends, or friends of friends, published it on the Internet. My review copies will have the reviewer's name in the footer of each printed page. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.