Monday, October 4, 2010

General impressions of Author panel

Following Saturday's author panel, I'm left with general impressions, rather than distinct memories. Here are some that stuck in my rather permeable mind.

There are many different approaches to writing, almost as varied as the snacks that we eat while writing. My snack is peppermint tictacs, by the way.

There are differing book lengths, starting at about 50,000 words.

Fantasy elements are only consistent within the same author's books. Each author creates their own world.

Some authors focus more on romance, and others focus on non-romantic interpersonal relationships.

Even published authors struggle sometimes.

The multi-book series is very popular right now. I liked learning that one!

The road to publication differs, too.

Some authors struggled for years before getting published.

Authors are very giving, sharing, kind people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.