Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Drawing Board Awaits

Another wonderful Beta reader, who I respect immensely when it comes to children's lit, has flagged many pages of my story for corrections, thereby reinforcing the concept that a diverse selection of beta readers is necessary for success.
My school of beta's includes:
-- A HS English teacher
-- Moms and their daughers
-- A technical writer
-- A children's librarian
-- My sons
-- A friend

So, it's back to the books for another major revision.  My one comfort is that my story will be much stronger when I come out the other side.  Also, I miss doing research.   There must be an alien lexicon out there somewhere on the web?  I will find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.