Friday, April 20, 2012

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

... I don't think so!

The good:  my triglycerides are down (but still high).  I've lost 10 pounds.  My blood glucose is normal.  My blood pressure is nearly normal.  The bad: my HDL is way down.  The ugly: my LDL is still too high and my Dr just doubled my statin dosage.

OK, so it's only been 3 weeks.   I must be doing something wrong for my HDL to be way down.  Not sure what, but I've got to figure it out.   Adding more Niacin and flax for Omega 3's.  Maybe I'm of a people who needs to eat fats to stay healthy. 

I'm Russian by heritage.  Best as I can tell, I'm 100 percent Russian.  All 4 grandparents were 1st generation US babies, best as I can tell.  I need the 1930 AND 1940 AND 1950 census records to be sure.  Only a few more years to wait. 

What would a native Russian's diet consist of?   (not counting alcohol--not going there)
OK, a quick glance shows high fat/high carb foods, boiled veggies, salted veggies, potatoes, and grains.   The fat comes from meat, eggs, fish, and dairy... 

At least now I know why I don't crave salads.  :-)  It's not in my genetics. 

Anyway, I'm not waiting around and moping around.  (OK, I did mope a little bit).  I've been moving a lot this week.  Walked 1-1/2 miles on Tuesday and 2 miles on Thursday.  Moved a lot more on the other days, too.   I weigh less than I have for the past 2 years.  It's a good start.  I just need to maintain focus.  Focus.  Focus.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.