Blogging a bit about hunger signals tonight. Specifically, what I typically confuse with hunger and also what crazy indicatations I get of fullness (instead of feeling full).
I'm not experiencing true hunger when:
1) I'm actually thirsty.
2) My blood sugar is high-normal, even though my stomach is empty.
3) I'm craving a specific food.
4) I'm craving a second helping of the same food, just for the taste.
I'm done eating when:
1) I lose interest in what I'm eating.
2) The food starts to taste yukky, when it tasted wonderful a few bites earlier.
3) I get a quick twinge of "maybe I'm full?" that passes if I happen to take a few more bites. (oops!)
4) I stand up AND THEN feel full.