Friday, September 17, 2010

Feature Friday - Middle Grade v. Young Adult

Today's Feature Friday is sharing a link to a great discussion on Hannah Moskowitz' blog. (language warning on the comments)

http://hannahmosk.blogspot.com/2010/09/mg-vs-ya.html

Hannah discusses something that I couldn't quite grasp. What really is the difference between the themes in a young adult book versus the themes in a middle-grade book? Personally, other than boyfriend-girlfriend stuff, I couldn't have told you the difference.

I truly believe the lines between MG and YA are blurring somewhat, though, because a current best-seller has both types of storylines that Hanna mentions in it. Yes, Kiersten White, that's your book. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.