Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First list of Top Fives! Favorite books!

In a spur-of-the-moment decision, I'm starting a list of my Top Fives. Why, Top Fives? This is to avoid some of the rather lame comments in a top ten... Also, there's always more than five, so I can present my select favorites, rather than reaching to fill out a top ten.

Make sense? Good! Here we go! Since this is a writer's blog, I'm starting with my...

Top Five favorite books, in no particular order:
-- My Side of the Mountain, for training me to live in the wilderness, if I ever need to do that.
-- Jane Eyre, for one of the greatest mystery / romances, ever!
-- Anything by Jane Austen, for teaching me about how people really communicate, even if the words are unspoken.
-- The Twilight Saga, for showing me that my family will survive without me if I escape for days into a fantasy.
-- Young adult sci-fi by Robert Heinlein, for teaching me about other political possibilities, and for teaching me about how various people act in extreme situations.

What are your Top Five books, and why?

1 comment:

  1. I love Jane Eyre and anything Austen! Good choices. Twilight is good too but I'm feeling a little Twilighted out at the moment. I still haven't seen the 3rd movie yet. I'm sure I'll be buying it when it comes out though!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read and respond to your comments, so please post! I blog Monday through Saturday, mostly as a night-owl. Please remember to type the validation word on the screen that pops up after you comment--my professional code of business conduct contract and code of ethics necessitates that I moderate comments on public social media, so there will be a short delay in viewing your comment online.